Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sophie's QOV


It's clear that I suck at taking photos of quilts. It is only partially because I do this on my own; there's nobody I want to burden with holding the thing up in the air. Also, I don't have the patience to wait until there's the right lighting; this typically happens well after the sun is down. So I throw the thing down on the hallway floor and stand on the attic stairs so as to get the proper distance. This time, the photos from the step stool came out a little better, but you can see the shadow I throw in the bottom right corner. OK.

Sophia started this quilt as a Quilt of Valor long ago, and I was inspired by Veterans' Day to finish it. She was fine with that, having flown the coop to boarding school. How the time has flown!! She was learning how to make straight stitches just yesterday. 

I just received a huge stack of fabric from Hancock's of Paducah. Something made me order half-yard pieces of almost all of the new French General line. I was initially going to order a fat quarter bundle, but they were sold out. So, what's next best? TWICE AS MUCH fabric, and excluding the few pieces I didn't care for. I have ideas as to how to use this fabric, but really, I needed maybe a quarter of what I ordered. I also got 10 yards of solid white Konas in two shades.

Stash Used: 11 yards including backing for the QOV
Stash Used, total: 172.9 yards
Stash Acquired: 30 yards from Hancocks!!
Stash Acquired, total: 278.25

No comments: